Welcome to the Sound Achievement Team page
We are so proud of our children at Sound and all the hard work they do to help make our school such a wonderful place to be.
We are proud to have child representatives that take part in Sound Achievement Team meetings (formally known as the School Council). This team is in place so that all children have a voice and are involved in decisions about the school that affect them.
Through the Sound Achievement Team, all children have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates in reaching a democratic solution. Children at Sound know that this is their school and their thoughts and ideas matter. Every year group is represented through meetings from Reception to Year Six.
Who are the Sound Achievement team?
You can talk to any member of our Sound Achievement Team if you want to share any ideas or ask any questions. All of the children at Sound are very friendly and can help you. Each class has 2 representatives who were voted for by children in their class. They have their own notice area in classes so keep an eye out for any new notices!
Very soon, our Sound Achievement Team will write a little bit about themselves so you can find out more about who represents you at school!
They are very busy and have lots of important things to decide. Currently their projects are to:
- Identify which local, national and international organisations we would like to support and understand the reasons for being involved in these organisations
- Review school policies and make sure they have their say in teaching and learning opportunities.
- Create awareness posters for events happening in school.
- Fundraising for the organisations they have chosen to support and towards school resources.
- Speak to Subject leader teachers to share their views about subjects including what they enjoy and what could be further developed.
We will keep you updated about our activities.