The PE and Sport Allocation (Sport Premium) is funding provided to schools in addition to the main school funding. The Government’s aim is to secure and lasting legacy to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London. In order to achieve this and to improve the provision of PE and sport in Primary schools. The funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in school.
We have received confirmation that PE and Sport Allocation funding has been extended to the 2018/19 academic year. For details of key objectives and proposed spending to support these objectives this year please see document below.
2020/21 Forecast spend for Sport Premium Funding
Actions for 2020/21
– All children to achieve at least 30 minutes of physical activity at school each day.
– Provide more and varied extra-curricular activities for all children and a wider choice for KS1. (COVID Dependent)
– Continue to employ external specialists to upskill staff through modelling best practise during lessons, allowing them to take ownership of the learning when their confidence, knowledge and skills have developed further.
– PE lead to attend CPD that will develop knowledge and understanding that can be disseminated to staff throughout meetings, enhancing the quality of teaching, learning, delivery and assessment to improved standards with greater and more rapid progress.
– To adapt to teaching PE during the Covid 19 pandemic.
– Continue to buy into the NSSP and enter competitive competitions
– To raise the profile of PE and Sport by providing PE specific days/weeks and signposting parents to the school website.